National Aptitude Test in Architecture / NATA 2017 is an undergraduate test for aspirants looking to get admissions into B. Arch. courses.
It is conducted by the council of architecture every year.
What's new in NATA 2017?
- Now a candidate can only attempt NATA for upto 5 times in two years period from the first attempt.
- This change is effective from 1 April, 2016. So if a candidate has appeared for NATA before that, he/she will be allowed 5 more times to appear in the exam and their previous score will be taken into account while calculating the valid score
Here's a table constructed with basic info about the exam
|Exam Name||National Aptitude Test in Architecture|
|Conducting Authority||Council of Architecture|
|Exam Type||Undergraduate (UG)|
|Courses Offered||B. Arch. degree courses|
|Exam Date*||April 2017, to August 2017 (END)|
|Previous Year's Exam||1 April, 2016 to 20 August, 2016|
- If a candidate has passed std 10th, or its equivalent, they can appear for NATA 2017.
- However those candidates are not eligible to apply for B. Arch. degree courses
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent with 50% marks minimum.
- In 10+2 subjects, Mathematics is required.
Maximum Number of Attempts for NATA 2017
Till now NATA allowed unlimited number of attempts for the exam, as long as you pay the fees. However that is changed now, and you can only attempt the exam for a maximum of 5 times, within 2 years of the first attempt.
Valid Score for NATA 2017
The valid score for NATA will be the score that is the highest of all attempts.
You can see all the events of NATA 2017 by visiting the Events tab (At the top) or here's the link: NATA 2017: Important Dates and Events
Paper Pattern / Exam Pattern
Below is a table constructed illustrating the paper pattern of NATA 2017
|1||Pen & Paper based test||Drawing||2 hours|
|2||Computer based test||Aesthetic Sensitivity||40||1 hour|
The application forms for NATA 2017 will be available from January, 2017 to a few days before the last date for the NATA 2017 exam.
The application forms can be downloaded after registering on the official website and paying the online fees.
After downloading the pre-filled form, candidate has to attach the required documents and submit it to one of the test centers for NATA 2017.
NATA 2017 application fees
The application fees for NATA 2017 are RS. 1250 + Service charges
NATA 2017 application fees payment method
- Credit card
- ICICI Issure bank challan
The test centers for NATA can be found here
Council of Architecture,
Core 6A, 1st Floor, India Habitat Center
Lodhi Road, New Delhi - 110003
Tel: +91-11-79412100 (30 Lines)
Thank you for reading, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions that you want to share, please use the comment form below. We will reply as soon as possible. You can also choose to follow the comments to get notified whenever someone replies to it.